Field Care Supervisor
Focus Care Link is now looking for a Field Care Supervisor to join our friendly team.
The role takes responsibility for ensuring our clients are receiving the care and support they expect and deserve. Field-based, as the name implies, you will be liaising with the client directly both at the commencement of the service and for its duration. This will involve conducting assessments and reviewing on a regular basis how the service is delivered.
- To carry out Service User needs assessments, care/support plans and risk assessments Attending Service User’s first call to introduce the Carer/Support Worker to the Service User.
- To organize and attend Service User reviews, including reviewing and updating of needs assessment, care/support plan, and risk assessment documents.
- To assist Care Coordinators to allocate unassigned calls during office hours as appropriate.
- To allocate all unassigned calls during on-call hours and, where visits can’t be assigned, undertake the visit personally.
- To ensure that all changes to care schedules are reported, without delay, to the Care Coordinator. Undertake on-call duties as directed and record/report all on-call activity to the office.
- Undertake field-based training to ensure Care/Support Workers are working within their competency level.
- To ensure all reporting and recording documents are kept up-to-date.
- To liaise closely with colleagues and other care professionals. To assess Care/Support Workers.
- To actively provide care as and when required.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of Field Care Supervisor.
- Self-motivated and reliable;
- A good communicator;
- Ability to plan and organize;
- Care experience and knowledge;
- Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to produce concise, clear and accurate reports;
- An active team player but also to work on own initiative.